Oh the holidays!!! How can any of us bare to go back to what was before December???? What a glorious month! Oh humph. I hate the end of December. Fortunately, January gives us the consolation gift of the new year, and New Year's Day.... but let's admit it-- the best time of the year is OVER. O-V-E-R over.
Once again my pictures are unorganized... but I will describe them nonetheless... In December Melvin has Pead( as in peas) and carroted, and all sorts of vegetablesed himself crazy. :) He hates rice cereal and oatmeal... but loves those veggies... He also stole a gorgeous handmade sock monkey from my dear friend Sarah D.H. Thank you Sarah!!! He LOVES it! and so does everyone else! That monkey gets raving reviews everywhere we go!
Mark and I have also started the tradition of making pizza on Christmas Eve. :) I was skeptical as to the outcome this year... Mark and I had never made pizza before but they turned out AWESOME!!!!! yum yum yum. best pizza EVER. We took a little picture of the three of us by our tree... and then on Christmas day we tromped around in our little woods out back trapping bears. :) Also pictured are our stockings... :) I used two because the stocking is my favorite part, and I figured Santa would understand.... :) but the stocking highlight was Mel's mitten stocking!!!! It is amazing! Santa was very impressed because he could put ANYTHING in there---it is SO huge and stretchy. :) For sure it was as big as Mel.
Then, the day after Christmas we got a crazy thunderstorm/flood. Mark could not resist. He literally tugged on my bright yellow galoshes, and went playing. :) Very cute.
This brings me to the real reason I mourn the end of December- Mark isn't around today. He is working. I am grateful he has a job--but I LOVE when he is around perpetually. I have had too much fun with him, and today, since he is working, I feel like a fish out of water. Boo.
That is all. I love you Mark!
8 comments:
I love P's mitten stocking as well. You could fit a car in there! I can't believe how much snow you do NOT have! Your pizza looks so yummy, what a fun tradition. I wish I had been there!
I love the pictures! And truth be told, I was going to send little Melvin a sock Monkey for Christmas, so it worked out better that he got to pick it out himself and they seem to fit very well together. It was so good to see you! I'm so glad I'm aware of your blog now!
what a fun tradition...pizza! it looks delicious by the way. john and i decided we are definitely ready to do our own christmas next year with new traditions for our family...so fun!
PS. Is that an IKEA couch? Sam and I are incredibly jealous.
I am so glad you had a great Christmas! We're back too now. It all went so fast! Ugh, back to normal life again right? Kurt starts school again on Monday so we need to play again SOON! Melvin is getting so big! I can't believe it!!!!!
p.s. I'm so glad you liked Twilight!!! :)
How dare you have a blog and not tell me! Yay Britta! Now just update more so I can admire your cute little family!
And Britta you make me giggle and giggle with your posts. You write just how you speak! I love that! Continue!
Post a Comment