
Yesterday was plain aweful. Melvin wouldn't let me do anything... he wouldn't nap... and I felt down on myself... I can't keep a clean house, all my hair is falling out ( literally) after having Mel, and the hair that remains is damaged and disgusting... my clothes don't fit right... and in an effort to eat myself into happiness I made oreo cookies... MY FAVORITE... which I burnt. :( Then, I went to go get my hair dyed at Great Clips because I'm a cheapie... and apparently, they only cut hair. boo.

All in all... at the end of the day I was fraaaaazled. I finally put Mel to bed around 8:00 and took a hot shower... at the end of which I heard Mel screaming. So, once again I nursed him, and put him to bed... he immediately woke up crying... so I did it all again, but to no avail.
Finally, at 8:50 I gave up. I put him in his crib, and let him cry as I got ready for bed. Then, my wonderful Mark went to Mel, and rocked him to sleep again. By this time I was in bed... and expected Mark to come join me at any moment, as all was quiet, so it seemed things were going well.
Next thing I knew, Mark and Mel were standing over me, and it was midnight. Apparently every time Mark attempted to lay Mel down, he woke up
again. So, I nursed Mel again, and this time, layed him down successfully. Then, he continued to wake up every hour and 1/2- two hours until 7:30.But.... this story has a happy ending because despite the sleep deprivation, he has been SOOOO happy and sweet today!
This makes me wonder... was he really aweful yesterday... or was I just aweful yesterday... Last night I prayed that God would bless me with more patience, and love... and I think with that added little bonus today, Melvin really thrived! It is now plain to me... this is all he wanted, and wants... more love and genuine attention. So, today was wonderful... and, as a little chery on the icing, baby leg warmers Mark and I ordered last week for Mel came in today, and I am sooooo excited! Now he won't get a cold draft when we change his diapers, or even when his pants ride up when we are holding him.
Leg warmers voila. We had a little photo shoot in just one pair, but you can all get the idea... of course normally he would also be wearing pants, which are absent in these pictures...but... yes. And then he started to talk in his high pitch voice that I keep trying to get everyone to hear on the phone... so finally... it is captured for you all here in this little video. One more thing, I apologize that the camera is all over the place... whenever Mel sees it he stops whatever cute thing he is doing... so I was trying to move it around so he wouldn't get distracted. Sorry.
6 comments:
Oh the life of being a mom!! Next time you have one of those days give me a call because most likely I'm having one too! :) We can vent to each other :) Oh and by the way...MEL IS SO CUTE!
Finally!!! He is sooo cute, so stop your complaining, take it like a man...I mean a mom. He is worth it. Ugh...I need to see him! I love the leg warmers and Mel has the legs to pull them off. My kids get legs about 1/3 as long as they should be. Sorry to hear about the tragedies (oreos and no hair dye). Life is hard, especially without cookies.
This is kallie to leave a comment. I love the videao. I can' beleave how big he is.I miss you so bad. IT is amazing that he sits up. See you soon love Kallie
That was a really sweet video. I especially liked the grand finale of spit up. Those noises stirred my mean little heart. :) So sweet. And believe me, you are patient. Being a mom is just plain hard. And for some stinky reason kids are just on one some days.
sounds like a rough night...no fun- but boy did he make up for it- those are fabulous pictures- soo cute. i love the baby noises- those are precious! the leg warmers are pretty awesome too- where did you get them from?
He is the cutest dang thing I have ever seen. Where did he get that voice?
Post a Comment