We blessed Genevieve on June 27th. She was beautiful.
I made the skirt... (thank you Sheetsy for the beautiful teacloth!!!)
My MTC mission companion and her lovely mother sent me a package of vintage goods shortly after Geni was born for me to use in my little projects. I fell in love!!!! So, Geni's blessing skirt is made from a teacloth from that package. Thank you!!!
My mom and sister made the hair accessory- also adorable and perfect! Thank you!!!
Isn't she lovely? Mark and I painted her fingernails and toenails red- special for the occassion. :)

We had a little get together afterwards for our family and friends- once again- I am SO completely grateful for the friendship we have here in Ohio!!! So many people have adopted us-and help make events like this warm and wonderful.

The kids had a great time tearing the house apart.


Our across the street neighbors. They had their baby boy four weeks after Geni was born. :) He'll probably be her first boyfriend.

Our darling neighbor and adopted Grandma (Mema) insisted on bringing the cake! It was delicious.

Geni with her beyond gorgeous girl cousin Natalie! I emphasise the girl part because in our family girl cousins are hard to come by. :)

The boys (Mel, cousin Henry, and neighbor friend Corbin) playing trains. What is it with Thomas?

Us mammas with our babies.

Mark's mom came to Ohio special to meet Geni and come to her blessing. It was WONDERFUL!!! Thank you for coming!
So... here is the real Grandma and the adopted Grandma. Mel called them both "Mema"

More good friends!

Doesn't Geni look wonderful?

Geni with aunt Wendy. Wendy- I love you! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy you and John and the kids are close by!!!

Too cute- all the kids on the swing.

The girls couldn't get enough of Geni.

Gotta love Mel in this one. Always a fight.

Okay- this one is a little better.

Oh my goodness- it was such a wonderful day! The blessing was wonderful- and I had no stress because all my loved ones took care of everything for me- I just got to enjoy myself,a dn my baby girl's specail day.
6 comments:
How great that you had such wonderful support! Geni looks absolutely angelic, and you, my friend, look SO CUTE!
How cute! Love Geni's painted fingernails and you look gorgeous as well!
Okay I am in love with her red finger nails. So cute! And you look incredible my dear.
Mostly this blog was about your house for me. ha ha ha! Seriously, I have spent forever asking you to post about your dang house! So I kept looking behind the people in the pics to see some of your house.
As for Geni, I am so glad that everyone thinks she is so beautiful...especially since you say she looks like my baby pics. :)
Seriously though Britta, she is too beautiful! The skirt is also gorgeous. What talent you have to create things! Also, I am so happy that you have so many wonderful, wonderful friends!
Love you tons Lady!
Bricky what a precious little family you have!! And I was thrilled that you used the teacloth to make Geni's blessing skirt...you are so resourceful and creative! Hopefully we'll get to meet up with you guys sooner than later...just a week and we'll be in the midwest :0)
what a wonderful day. so happy we were able to be a aprt of it!
Post a Comment