Here is a silly goose we saw at the zoo with the flamingos... he thinks he is one of them! Look at how he is sleeping on one leg! At first I thought he was just a copy cat... but no-- I've gone to the zoo on several occassions now, and EVERY time, he is there, like this, hanging out with his pink buddies.
Another picture of the silly goose, this time with a flamingo.
There is a pond at the appartments we live in which is home to much wildlife. The other day Mel and I saw over thirty frogs... ( or are these toads?) hop into the pond as we walked by...
Sometimes they just float and look at us.

The best by far have been the goslings and goose parents. They are SUCH fun to watch! Seriously, what great examples of parenthood. They are so sweet and vigilant in rearing and safeguarding their little ones. The other day we got a little too close, and the Mamma hissed at us. :) We can't blame her.

Unfortunately today when we went, I left the camera at home. Nuts.... because for the VERY first time, we saw Mr. and Mrs. Mallards new arrivals! 5 brand new teeny-tiny ducklings! So sweet! Seriously, I could watch them all day.
The best by far have been the goslings and goose parents. They are SUCH fun to watch! Seriously, what great examples of parenthood. They are so sweet and vigilant in rearing and safeguarding their little ones. The other day we got a little too close, and the Mamma hissed at us. :) We can't blame her.
Also not pictured, we met a little cottontail on the road today. :) I love spring.
4 comments:
I am so glad you got a picture of this goose! I think there is some kind of moral in there, a Mormonad about being yourself or something. Sooo funny! Maybe that is where we get the phrase, "Silly goose!"
I have always loved frogs.When we lived in Lamar forever ago...well you were not even born yet, one of my favorite memories was chasing all the frogs with the Northrups.
What fun! It's still too cold to have much going on here. Little by little, you're making me want to move to Ohio.
What cute pictures. I am taking Tate to the Zoo in a few weeks and I am really excited to see what he says! Tell Mark I like the new hair do!
i love the goose wanna be flamingo. that is awesome. nature is wonderful. i agree- henry and melvin shall be great friends.
I love our flamingo/goose friend :) There's goslings at our place now too! So fun.
Post a Comment