Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!!!



This is difficult to read... but you must! He lives!!! (You can get a legible version at http://lds.org/Static%20Files/PDF/Manuals/TheLivingChrist_TheTestimonyOfTheApostles_36299_eng.pdf)

Once when I lived in Montreal as a missionary, I had a wonderful experience which helped me understand the reality of the resurrection.

My fellow missionary companion and I were in a Sunday school lesson with someone we were teaching; it was Easter. The teacher was reading passages from the scriptures, and discussing the Resurrection, and what that means: that Christ died, but conquered death- and lives! He showed Himself to His apostles, and other disciples- having them feel the marks in His hands, feet, and side, and asked for meat. Clearly, this means that he was alive!

At about this point in the lesson the visitor my companion and I were teaching erupted with laughter! We were all astonished- and looked at him questioning. when he finally calmed his laughter, he tried to make sure he had the story right... that all of us actually believed that RIGHT NOW Jesus Christ lives... with a body even?! "Yes!" we replied... and went over the scriptures again.
The man then corrected us, "No, He lives on in our hearts, but he is dead!"

At this moment, I knew like I had never known before, my Savior lives! And when I say, "He lives" I do not mean in some figurative sense, but in the sense that at this very moment, He too has an actual physical body, like our own, though perfected, glorified, and immortal. He did die, but rose again! After showing himself to His disciples, He later ascended to heaven to dwell with God the Father, but we know, that now, as then, Christ lives!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Britta, thank you for posting your testimony of the living Christ. It was a good reminder that Easter is first and foremost about the resurrection and life of our Savior! I hope you all have a wonderful, uplifting and memorable Easter out in Ohio.
Bisous,
Sheetsy :0)

Mamma Meg said...

I just spent a few minutes playing Easter Bunny. So it was so nice to get on the computer to check things before I went to bed and find this. And you said you were bad at expressing yourself! Thank you so much for reminding me about Easter. I really needed to remember this tonight. I am afraid I have made things a little too commercialized this year. Thanks for humbling me!

Mamma Meg said...

And I just saw your Easter Bunny pics! What a darling! My kids would have been screaming their heads off! Priceless!

A House United said...

I love this. We are constantly being told by grandpa to use the internet to share the word... so good on ya!