Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Some Updates...

After repeated dismounts from his crib at odd hours of the night, Mark and I have finally turned Mel's crib into a toddler bed. I wasn't ready... I liked the power of locking him in his crib for naps and the like... but he just wouldn't be restrained any longer... and instead of risking him breaking his neck at three in the morning climbing out of a crib... we just removed EVERYTHING from his room to toddler proof it, except the toddler bed which of course he can EASILY get out of, and a rocking chair. :) THis is how we found him after a nap on that first day of his toddler bed freedom. Conked on the chair with his snuggle blankets. Very sweet. A little look at the kitchen...
I can't get over how big Mel is!!!!!!! Two years in May people!



Still a master of the "scrunchy face."


At long last!!!!!! We have family in OHIO!!!!!!! Oh the joys of family!!!! We are all completely beside ourselves with joy having Mark's brother's family here, (Mark's brother,sister in law, and their fabulous childrens. ) They have introduced us to Thomas the Train, and I know life will never be the same. :) Here is Mel with his cousin Henry... Wendy is sprinting in the background. :)



Geni should be here in 5 weeks. Her little rump is always pushing in and over my ribs... I have constant raging heartburn, and as unprepared and scared as I feel.... I CAN'T WAIT FOR HER TO COME!!!!!!!!! Come on out baby Geni! (as soon as you're ready of course...).Let me hold you on the outside. :) Belly pictures are coming.



7 comments:

Sarah said...

Loved the update on Melvin... especially the picture of him conked out in the chair! Wow, and how can he already be turning TWO?! In any case, I'm excitedly awaiting pictures of your cute pregnant belly :0) And, Really, FIVE weeks? WOW!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Mel is so handsome! I can't believe he is climbing out of his crib. Gavin hasn't even though about doing something like that, hopefully it will stay that way! Is it just me or does your dining table look really LONG!
Can't wait for the belly pics.

Anonymous said...

Please tell Mark that I told him to throw that plaid shirt out in the 9th grade! Thank you.

Haha! Your house is beautiful! I want to see more! I am so jealous you have family by you now! I bet that is just fabulous! Good luck getting everything ready for Geni! How fun!

Mamma Meg said...

Well this is ridiculous. Mel looks freaking HUGE! And your kitchen looks totally different than I imagined it. Let me just say how sad that is, that I had to imagine what your kitchen looks like. More house pics!!! And if you let Geni come out before you get better at blogging, I may never know what she looks like! I am seriously worried over here. Mel is adorable and that chair picture is too classic. It reminds me of K. When I put her in a bed, she spent that entire year asleep on the floor in front of the door. Crazy kids. And one more thing. I am awaiting those belly pics!!

Marie said...

Look at him! I always picture him as a baby but he's all grown up now! I wish so bad he and jack could play :(

Hey remember how we're due at the same time?! So fun!!!! Well, not really because we can't get together anymore, but I can still imagine how fun it would be if I were still there with our kids that are all the same age!

P.S. can you tell me the name of that great baby carrier you have? I want one!

Wendy said...

I like me in your picture=) I am so glad henry and Mel are becoming good friends. You guys have really rolled out the red carpet and been too good to us...we don't deserve it.

Marie said...

You're due the 20th?!?! Are you serious?!? I'm due the 19th but I have an induction scheduled on the 20th!

Thanks for the name of the carrier. I'm excited to check it out :)