This past week my mother, brother, and nephew all came for a visit. You see, awhile ago when my brother and nephew weren't doing well in school my mom told them that if they'd get their grades up, she'd fly them and herself out here for a good time. :) Those who DO come, DO have a good time by the way... :)
Apparently that was incentive enough.... Here are some pictures of our time together.
On our way to Sandusky, the clouds started to get whirly swirly... we thought we were going to have a tornado! But sadly, it didn't amount to anything.

Here we are at Cedar Point, waiting for the park to open.

Even mom enjoyed the rides! well.. kind of. Julian and Kyle forced her....though we were all a bit worried she would either break her neck again, or die of a heart attack. We checked about it after every ride.

This picture is out of order. But here is my little family at Barcelona N.Y. on Lake Erie.

Mark and I forced the travelers to take this picture...and right as we did someone honked and waved, by means of friendly gesture... so that is why their heads are turned... it's a pity though... I kept missing the Ohio and Pennsylvannia signs.

The gas station at Barcelona N.Y. what a cute town. Right off Lake Erie- they even had a light house!

We stopped in at the beach in Barcelona for a potty break- but got so much more! Here is Kyle being a stunt man.

My momther, (yes, momther) and I...looking fabulous at this adorable waterfall.

Kyle and Melvin- they SERIOUSLY hit it off. By the end of the trip Mel was calling Kyle "Baka" or something like that. VErY sweet.

Niagara Falls was THE BEST part of the vacation. But, for those of you who have never gone, Niagara Falls the town is super junky! AAAA! If you ever go, make sure to stick to the Canadian side- much less scary.

Woot WOoot! Look at these hunks!

The gorgeous falls...

Ma Famille Encore...

All of us! I'm wearing a poncho to protect myself from the mist. Not necessary- but I don't like getting wet.

There were a couple time, of course, when Mel COMPLETELY lost his mind- and after hours of screaming, and eating nutrigrain bars, he'd finally doze off. Whew. Traveling with babes is not for the faint of heart.

Apparently TONS of grapes are grown around Niagara. Who knew.

Here we are at Kirtland.

The Kirtland Temple.

A picture of the open road on the way home.

Finally home, but the adventures don't stop. The boys see, and catch their first fireflies.

We also looked at the house- but I didn't take pictures... you'll have to wait till next week.... but good news- tentatively we will have the keys to our house on September third!!!!!
Last of all- my etsy shop has nearly been cleared! I've had purchases here and there, and then someone in AZ bought 11 items, and then my mom, and nephew (if you can believe it) nearly bought the rest! :) Go brittas.etsy.com!!!!!! So, it's back to crafting and rebuilding my inventory. :) I am so happy when others like what I have made.
Sorry this is insanely long. I would not doubt it if knowone ever makes it to the end of this post.
Mom, Julian, and Kyle- Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for your awesome visit!!! We love you guys and miss you already!
6 comments:
So much fantastic news to take in Britta! Congrats on clearing your etsy shop! That's huge. And homeowners in a month?! Wowzers! I can't wait to the final product pictures of your new abode. Thanks for all your support on the labor and delivery! I absolutely love your comments and they make me giggle.
How fun is that? I haven't seen your mom and Julian since high school! He's so grown up! And your mother is so sweet! I miss her!
FUN! I love blogging...I felt like I was almost on the road with you guys, seeing all the fun sites :0) And WAY TO GO on your Etsy shop. How exciting!
Oh Britta you seriously are so cute. I love the pictures....especially the ones of Mel because I miss him and he is getting so big! CUTE!! And oh how I LOVE Kirtland! Soooo much. I want to go back there.
p.s. Kurt finished the Bar today. His computer broke down the first day.....1 in a million chance and it happens to him....BAD news.....we're hoping for the best.
Miss you!
Of course we'd make it to the end you nut! Well I am almost sick with jealousy. But alas, I have these rotten children. First, I am sooo happy you DID NOT see a tornado. I am sooo happy you DID NOT kill our mother (although truth be told I was worried about the very same things when we took her with us to Disneyland), I am so happy you WERE NOT killed by awful people in Niagra...thank heaven for Edwark. I cannot wait to come and see you someday!!
what a fun trip! i concure about niagra falls and traveling with infants. i request on our visit that we go to kirkland. i have never been there before.
Post a Comment