Tuesday, July 21, 2009

our "home" update

Mel's favorite part of checking on our house... playing in the gravel. He wonders if we can just keep the driveway like this....
The exterior is almost done... this week the cement should be poured, garage door installed, and the last bit of vinyl attached on the back.

A view from the dining room (we'll use it as a den area) looking on the stairs, coat closet, half bath, and other closet...
The kitchen and eating area...that little closet is the pantry, you can also see the basement entrance...
The great room.
The boys in Mel's room.

As you can see, things are coming along! It was SOOOOOOO exciting to see our house like this! Things will be moving quickly now! We anticipate we'll have the keys in 6 to 8 weeks!

8 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

Well I am officially so jealous. It looks great and I am so excited to come and live in it with you!!! Oh, I mean come and visit...whatever.

Meredith said...

Oh comrade! How exciting!! It looks awesome and I'm sure you guys are THRILLED to get into your OWN HOME!!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!! (I'm a little jealous)

p.s. I ate a bunch of spicy cheetos a few days ago and thought of you. That is all.

Sarah said...

WOWSERS! It's coming right along! How exciting :0)

Megs said...

I love it! And I am so excited for you guys!!!

Lorren Says... said...

Very exciting! It's coming along!

Marie said...

HOORAY!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! Mel is so big- geez! Soooooooo cute. Seriously.

A House United said...

I love the picture of Mel on the driveway and the house in the back. So cute! I'm so excited for you!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Mel will have a great time in his new house! Hopefully we can come and visit you guys while you are living there.