In honor of Mel's birthday, he ate a breakfast of nutrigrain bar, with strawberries and blackberries.. What a mess! :)

After breakfast he took and birthday bath, then walk, then nap. After his nap, we put on this "uno" shirt, and I put on a similar, but more feminie version, and we had our pictures taken at Penny's. I hardly have any with him since we're out here all by our lonesomes... so that was really nice. After pictures, we TRIED to open presents....on the porch.

Then we put the icing on the cake, and went to our good friends' home, who have become like adopted family out here. Thank you guys so much for the gourmet food, beautiful and festive decorations, and wonderful company!!!!! It was SOOOOO nice to celebrate with you!
Here we are in our birthday celebration duds! Thank you for the idea Wendy!!!

A picture of the party peeps! They even put streamers everywhere and got Mel an AWESOME gift! Thank you guys!!!!

Another friend, and shot of the decorations! Thank you for videotaping Jared!

Mel opening his present!

Mel didn't know what to do with all his birthday attention, with the song and all... :)

Mel trying out cake!

He got into it, literally, pretty quickly..

He even got cake seconds....

a cake-face closeup.

It was such a nice day. I still can't believe he's one!!!! Happy birthday Melvin!!!
3 comments:
Yay! I'm so happy for you all!
wow! happy birthday melvin!! seriously britta- your shirts and cake look rad. i would have never even thought of green- yet it looks amazing. way to go!
Now I am grumpy. I hate that you live way over there. It's so stupid. I want to be there for his birthday. You people stink. Come back.
Now that I got that out, here are some more thoughts. 1. Mel is beautiful. 2. Mel looks like so much fun. I wish you lived here (refer to previous rant). 3.I LOVE the UNO idea. Brilliant. 4. Your shirts looks Fab. 5.Are we having a party re-do in Colorado???
Hey, see ya tomorrow. AHHHH!!!
Post a Comment