Tuesday, September 28, 2010

the ketchup.


THE KETCHUP:
Oh mercy. I haven't blogged for some time... things have been busy... which means I have a lot to blog about... which I am only going to touch on. :) This summer we had 6 wonderful visits from family in four months!!!! Aren't we the luckiest? Each visit really deserves a long and detailed post .... but time is money-and I just don't have it! :) But I just really want to thank our family for making the sacrifices to come out our way!!!! It was SOOOOOOO nice to see you all... and on OUR turf. :)
Here's a picture of a back-attack train from "Hunkle Dan's visit," (that's what Mel called him).


I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one of my sister and her munchkin from her visit. THANK YOU FOR COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only hated to see you two go back home. :(
We went to Amish country and rode the buggy.

And Mel became great buddies with his cousin PoPo.

Then Grandpa Roper came. Melvin always did enjoy a good throttle. :)

We all trapsed around the highbanks metro park. Here is Grandpa with Mel, Gloworm Geni, and their cousins.


Those wonderful cousins!!! I am SOOOOOO glad Natalie and Henry and Uncle John and Aunt Wendy are here!!! Just because I still long for MORE family to move out our direction doesn't mean I'm not still COMPLETELY ecstatic to have them here!!! Ohio became a million times better when the other Ropers set up shop here. :)

More cousin fun....

And even MORE cousin fun! THat's right, Mel and Henry spent a day out with Thomas! They just didn't want a picture about it. :) Stinkers.


That Geni girl-- I tell you what- I CAN'T GET ENOUGH!



See what I mean? TOo cute right? Don't you want to smother those cheeks with kisses?


I took Mark to his first fair EVER! SHocking right? How did they let him out of elementary school without that experience? It was not as good as the fairs I attended growing up... but hey- Mel and Mark didn't know any better. :) It was a hit.


Soo cute.



They had an awesome and HUGE sandbox there... Mel really was happy about it- I promise.
Melvin is always surprising me- like today when he was TERRIFIED of the monkeys at the zoo...? He LOVES the monkeys... normally..... and normally hates things like this ride... but then.... he was insistant that he ride the dinosaur, and guess what- he loved it. :)

I am loving the interaction between Mel and Geni. They kill me.


He always want to be by her. If she napping, he wants to wake her up. If she's crying, he gives her a toy, or her pacifier...if she's in her bouncer chair, he's bouncing her... a little too high of course. :) If she's in her Geni-jump-up, he's jumping her, and swinging her. If she's in her bumbo, he jumps around, and does a little break dance move, which makes her laugh, which makes him laugh, which makes her laugh. You see what I mean? Seriously cute.
The Dr.'s office is fun, when they're together.













Anyway... life is good and I'm ending this.

7 comments:

Meredith said...

Yay for ketchup.

I DO want to smother Geni's cheeks in kisses. Dang.

clintandmegtucker said...

Your kiddies are so cute. Geni is adorable! Glad to see you are doing well.

Sarah said...

Awwww...it's so fun to see what you've been up to AND to see your two cuties enjoying the joys of siblinghood (word?)!! Love it :0)

Jon and Meghan + boys said...

Geni is so cute! And I love her namesake.

A House United said...

This kind of made me sad cause I REALLY REALLY wish I were there. The kids are adorable, of course I want to smooch them, and I miss your companionship. *sigh*

Mamma Meg said...

Oh Darling! Can you believe I am even looking at a blog right now? Sheesh. I had such a wonderful time there. Too bad you kicked me out. :( I just laughed out loud when I saw the pic of Mel and Geni on the couch and his finger is in his nose, butt is in the air, Geni looks so disgusted...and sort of looks like she's trying to kick him off. Ha ha ha! So funny!

Hmmmmm, I miss you.

Anonymous said...

Great recap! I can't believe how much little Geni reminds me of a baby Mel. What an adorable family you have.