Saturday, November 14, 2009

I LOVE Mark.


My emotions have been very much at the surface as of late. I have recently cried while watching Ratatouille- if that says anything to any of you.

Two nights ago Mark and I watched the Pixar "Up" for the first time. We had to stop the movie like 5 time so I could get a grip. I was literally sobbing.

Mark is out of town for a few days... then he'll come home for a few days, and then leave again for another two. I KNOW- no big deal. I am a baby. Almost as soon as he left, I felt completely alone and miserable.

During Mel's nap, I indulged, and opened the little box which contains my earthly treasures of love notes that Mark has written to me over the last... 8 years. I still have the VERY first one.

It was written on a plane our junior year in high school, while on our way to NYC for choir tour. It was delivered to me by the flight attendent- "airmail."

I cried and cried because--

I love him.

Oh how I love him.

8 comments:

Kara Simmons. said...

I just cried during Up as well. It's okay! And I hate it when Greg's gone too! You are not a baby at all. Now post some belly pics please!

Lorren Says... said...

We actually watched "Up" this morning and I cried through the whole beginning. The man in it reminds me of your Grandpa Briskey..in looks anyway. :)

Mamma Meg said...

Oh Britta, this was so sweet. I had never heard about that first note, how cute. For the record, I love Mark too...but like any woman would love the man who pays her mother's bills. :)

Up is a ridiculous movie. The end. But Ratatouille??? You may have a problem.

Meredith said...

That is so sweet. 8 years! Wowsa! I didn't realize that's how long you and Mark have been, well, you and Mark!

I agree with Kara, baby belly pics!

Anonymous said...

Mark wrote you a note on the way to NYC? How was I your roommate and did not know this fact? That is so sweet! I love to go back and look at things like that.

Marie said...

sooooo sweeeeeet! seriously. wish I was there and I would have come over and cried with you while watching Up. :) We would have just been a couple of bawling pregnant ladies. I've been so emotional too! sheesh!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

I am sad for you too that he has to leave. If I was there in OH I woul come over and we would hang out and make the time go by faster. Dang I'm still mad that we didn't become friends sooner:(
The "airmail" story is so cute. I love things like that!

Mamma Meg said...

I just wanted to get on here and say how much I loved that you wore that hat in your wedding pics. SO funny.